Sorry, this job has expired.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, Fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
We are currently looking for an upscale security officer for a contract starting in just a few weeks.
Now offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus, which is payable as follows: $1,000 after 6 months of continuous service at a high-profile client site, $1,000 after 1 year of continuous service at a high-profile client site. Not all assignments are eligible for this bonus offer. Bonus amount is subject to all applicable federal and state income withholdings.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions include:
• Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.
• Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
• Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles.
• Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits.
• Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements.
• Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
• Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must complete any state-required training or other qualifications for licensing.
• Must successfully complete a state licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle.
You must possess one or more of the following as experience:
• Meaningful and verifiable work history in any field.
• Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience.
• Associate's degree or higher in any discipline.
• Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard.
• Service in auxiliary police or police cadets.
You must be able to:
• Operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors.
• Interact cordially and communicate with the public.
• Assess and evaluate situations effectively.
• Identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties include:
• Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing.
• Standing, walking, and sitting.
• Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
• Indoor and outdoor.
• Temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat.
• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Must submit to a pre-employment drug test.
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable.
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military.
Upon acceptance of a job offer, you must successfully complete the following:
• MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required.
• Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Click "Apply Now" to get a head start!
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.