Upscale Security Officer
Sorry, this job has expired.
$12.00 – $16.00
***APPLY ONLINE TODAY***
Please take the time to go online and complete the G4S online application. Online application process takes approximately 1 hour to complete. All candidates MUST complete the online application before they will be considered for this position. See below for details.
G4S is searching for bright and talented professionals to join our Security Team!
• Health Insurance, Vacation, and Discount Perks
• Professional training provided
• Paid training
• Free uniforms and equipment
• Advancement Opportunities
• Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
• Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
• Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Must possess ONE OR MORE of the following:
• Meaningful and verifiable work history in any field
• Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
• Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
• Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
• Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
• Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
• MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
• Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
• Performs security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
• Watches for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
• Sounds alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
• Permits authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
• Observes departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
• Investigates and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintains written logs as required by the post
• Provides assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Active listening skills
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
• Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
• Attention to detail
Various Shifts Available!
***APPLY ONLINE TODAY***
Please take the time to go online and complete the G4S online application. Online application process takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
All candidates MUST complete the online application before they will be considered for this position.
TO APPLY ONLINE: Fill out the 'Quick Apply' form and select 'Apply Now'. At the top of the page there will be a link called “employer’s career website”. Select this link and apply directly on G4S career page for this position. Call us if you have challenges with the application process.
We look forward to your online application. We will contact you once this is received.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.