G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
We are currently looking for a traditional security guard for a contract starting in just a few weeks.
We're offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus, which is payable as follows: $1,000 after 6 months of continuous employment, and $1,000 after 1 year of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions:
• Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.
• Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
• Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles.
• Permit authorized persons to enter property.
• Monitor entrances and exits.
• Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property.
• Ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements.
• Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
• Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must complete any state-required training or other qualifications for licensing.
• Must successfully complete a state licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle.
• Operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors.
• Interact cordially and communicate with the public.
• Assess and evaluate situations effectively.
• Identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties:
• Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing.
• Standing, walking, and sitting.
• Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
• Indoor and outdoor.
• Temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat.
• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Must submit to a pre-employment drug test.
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable.
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military.
Upon acceptance of a job offer, must successfully complete the following:
• MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required.
• Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Click "Apply Now" to get a head start!
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace.